Tip for Commercial Buildings
1. Make sure building occupants are more informed through energy-saving tips.
2. Conduct regular energy audits to determine what condition your equipment is in and how it is performing. Replace or repair inefficient or malfunctioning equipment if it is necessary.
3. Commercial energy consumption for lighting varies greatly, ranging from 35 to 75 percent of a business’s total use. There are several ways to save the energy by control the lighting-e.g. switch off lights in empty rooms, Use daylight where possible, Only use required lights, Use low watts lights.
4. Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) are responsible for about half of a commercial building’s energy use. Make sure the controls are programmed properly and the settings are correct.
5. Learn where the energy is consuming. Put energy management software to work identifying trends in usage. Expand the metering(especially the smart metering system) wherever possible to include separate plug load and lighting circuits. If we can help with any of these in your business please feel free to contact us.